Preparing to Say Goodbye to Paris

Preparing to Say Goodbye to Paris Image

A few months ago, I announced that the time to pull the curtain on life in France was drawing near. It wasn’t something I planned, but the road to what I wanted in life and the road to life in Paris started to split into two different directions; as much as I love France, relish in speaking the language, and feel right at home in Paris I have to follow my heart.

It seemed months away but now I’m left with days, and I’m at a loss with how to spend them. How do you say goodbye to a country you’ve spent the better part of the passed six years? I always strived to make the most of my time here: French cooking classes, nights out to French theater, art fairs throughout Europe, museum exhibitions, road trips and so much more. And now that my MBA is wrapped up and I have some free time on my hands, all I want to do is sit in Parisian cafés and parks taking it all in.

Will I miss France? Undoubtedly in ways I don’t even know yet. Will I ever move back? With my track record (I’ve already got three moves under my belt) I can’t say it will never happen. Will I regret leaving? Leaving is completely my choice, thus I don’t think I will.

What’s next for ArtfullyAdored? Luckily, my blog will move with me. Not only do I still have many posts about France coming up, I’m looking forward to sharing with you my next adventure as it unfolds in Philadelphia. More on that to come!

1. Shannon August 10, 2013, 12:24 pm

I’m so sad for you leaving! But excited for what is in store for you. Thank you for sharing it all! I hope you find it’s the best decision you’ve ever made :) :)

1. Stephanie August 11, 2013, 12:53 pm

Thank you! I’m sure wonderful things are in store for me :) And I’ll always have Paris.

2. Andi August 10, 2013, 7:57 pm

I will be following you onto the next adventure!

1. Stephanie August 11, 2013, 12:50 pm

Yay! Happy to hear it!

3. Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) August 12, 2013, 2:24 pm

Ce n’est qu’un au revoir, mon amie :) I am sure you’ll be back, if not permanently, but often like me. She has a way of drawing you in, Paris does. It was so lovely to finally meet you this summer and you can bet I’ll be following your adventures wherever they lead you!

1. Stephanie August 12, 2013, 2:33 pm

I know but it’s still hard! But I have the chance to recreate a fun, new life back in the states. Paris will always be with me in one way or another!

4. susan August 13, 2013, 1:12 am

I can imagine how difficult it is to say goodbye, and wouldn’t know what to do! I assume you are revisiting all of your favorites. Philadelphia will welcome you back with open arms…see you soon! ;)

1. Stephanie August 13, 2013, 4:36 pm

Enjoying all my favorite places is all I want to do! There are a few last minute do-it-now-or-you’ll-regret-it things as well but it’s a manageable list for sure. Looking forward to Philadelphia – The first week will be especially busy but I’m looking forward to it all!